Rural Riches Treasure Trove Association is a new non-profit society whose purpose is to sustain and grow community organizations by bringing them together to collectively and collaboratively raise funds.
To fulfill our mission Rural Riches manages a weekly and a monthly 50/50 draw that give players an opportunity to win cash, while supporting local
community service organizations.
How do I play?
1. As a new player, you will drop in to one of our retailers and fill out a Registration form for your unique registration number. Only one person per registration form but you can register as many times as you wish. The number(s) remain your registered number(s) for life unless retired by you in writing. Players must be individuals not groups
2. Tear off and keep your copy of the registration form and deposit the registration portion of the form in the Rural Riches box at a participating retailer. You are now a registered player with a unique number; however, your number must be played in order to win any weekly draw.
3. The cost to play is a Toonie a week for each of your numbers. For each Toonie, write your registration number, full name, and phone number very clearly on the weekly play envelope provided. Put your Toonie in the envelope, seal it and drop it in the box. That’s all you need to do!
4. The cut-off time at our retail stores is Wednesday at Noon each week. Weekly draws from registered numbers are made every Wednesday at approximately 5:30 p.m. and the winner will be notified by telephone and/or email that same evening. The winner or non-winner will also be announced, on our website, on Facebook, and in the next edition of LighthouseNOW Progress Bulletin.
5. Winners have 90 days from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Should a winner not collect their prize within 90-days a second draw from the same numbers will occur after 90 days.
6. The draw’s value is 50% of the total pool each week. In the event a number is drawn that has not been played that week, the pot is carried over (called a “roll-over”) and added to the following week’s draw.
7. If you wish to pay for Future Draws, cash payments will be accepted for a minimum of 10 weeks ($20) to a maximum of 52 weeks ($104) using a Future Play envelope. When using a Future Play envelope, include your registered number, full name, phone number as well as the number of weeks in the future you are playing and the amount in the envelope. Place your cash inside the envelope, seal the envelope and place it in the draw box. Future Play envelopes will be handled separately from the weekly play envelopes and therefore cannot be used to play this week's draw.
Why should I play?
Where can I play?
Locations are added as they are signed up - want to be a Rural Riches retailer?
Blandford - The Deck
Blockhouse - Ali's General Store
Bridgewater - Atl. Superstore Smoke Shop
Bridgewater - Bridgewater Pharmasave
Chester - Chester Pharmasave
Chester Basin - Riverview Meat Market
Chester Basin - McDougall's Pharmasave
Cookville - Circle K (Irving)
Lunenburg - Circle K (Irving)
Lunenburg - Mike's Kwik Way
Mahone Bay - Kinburn Pharmasave
Maitland - Sam's Quick Mart NEW
Newcombville - Newcombville Irving
Wileville - Circle K (Irving)
How do I volunteer?
Rural Riches uses volunteers to manage the draw and process the Toonies. This work takes place at the Mahone Bay Centre every Wednesday, from approximately from 1-3 pm. Volunteers are required to have an up-to-date criminal record check. If you'd like to volunteer some time to help please call 902 624-0890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where does the Toonie Lottery money go?
50% of the money raised goes to the winner - 10.5 % goes to lottery fees, bank fees and other supplies, 9% goes to Mahone Bay Centre for space, staff support and phone monitoring, 9% goes to NOW Lunenburg County, 1.5% goes to United Way of Lunenburg County and 20% of funds raised are returned to various community organizations through a quarterly grant application process. The process and deadline will be publicly announced along with the monies available to be granted.
*effective July 16, 2020
List of organizations receiving funding in 2020 is below.